At ES Broadcast, we take great pride in the people who work for us. It is thanks to the skills and experience of our team that we are able to offer first-class service to all our clients, and to continue to successfully grow our business.
We are always happy to hear from high-calibre people who feel they are able to improve our services. If you would like to be considered for a career in one of Europe’s leading broadcast hire companies, why not get in touch?
You can find details of current jobs on this page, or if there are no opportunities listed, feel free to send us a CV for future reference. Why not also follow us on LinkedIn, where we post any vacancies that arise?
ES Broadcast is looking for a Senior Project Engineer to join our busy System Integration team, which develops and builds broadcast solutions that fit with a client’s specific requirements
Location: Peterborough office with extensive on-site work
Start Date: Immediate
Working Hours: 40 Hours/week nominal
Salary & Benefits: Dependent on experience; Pension
Closing Date: Apply at earliest convenience as start date is immediate. Please note, if you have not been contacted within 14 days of submitting you application, regrettably you have not been successful on this occasion.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Systems Senior Project Engineer (SPE) role forms a key part of the team for the design, installation and delivery of the Broadcast, Operational and other technical elements of our projects alongside the day-to-day project management of installations. The role requires regular reporting to clients and management.
A SPE is primarily involved with the end-to-end design from brief, installation, and configuration of equipment, along with completion of testing documentation and handover, whilst supervising the wiring teams and assisting with any enquires they have regarding the information pack.
Contribution to the overall efficiency of the Systems Division with constant process reviews & feedback and by tracking lessons learnt post projects and providing feedback in the review sessions.
Supplementary tasks to the role are varied and include managing stock ordering master sheets with quarterly updates, assisting with material for marketing following each project and providing Pre-Sales assistance to the Proposals team where required.
The SPE role can include working away domestically and internationally, sometimes for sustained periods and / or repeat trips.
The role requires the applicant to be a strong leader even under pressure and able to motivate and drive teams of all characters to successfully deliver the project on time, on budget and to the client’s needs.
Reports To: Engineering manager
Instructions from: Engineering manager & Systems division directors
Liaises With: All teams
DUTIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Project timeline and budget management
- Effectively leading the engineering team – contractors and/or staff
- Lead initial systems design conversations with customer to generate scope
- Detailed systems design
- Equipment installation, configuration, and testing
- Advising admin staff for equipment purchasing requirements
- Prebuild and materials purchasing list generation
- Wiring team selection & supervision
- Progress reporting internal and external
- Creation & approval management of Change requests and Variations
- Supervision of additional Engineering staff & external services from suppliers
- Completing Acceptance Procedure & Client Sign off
- Delivering acceptance documentation
- Completion paperwork and housekeeping all final documentation & budgets
- Systems Document Creation, Management, review, and record
- Convert proposals response to project deliverables
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation, examples of which could include:
- Customer support
- Case studies and website content creation
- Providing sales and proposals engineering support
- Chair Project Meetings
- Initial discussion with client regarding requirements
- Skills training for Junior Project Engineers
- Quality control enforcement
- Strong leadership skills, able to drive & motivate a team positively while under pressure
- Experience of leading & delivering all aspects of often highly agile systems projects
- Applicant must be self-motivated, have good timekeeping and strong organisational skills
- Ability to go hands-on during installs when required
- Broad equipment configuration knowledge
- Firm knowledge of broadcast systems and technology
- Applicant must be able to demonstrate an understanding of the following areas: Planning, Quality Focus, resolving problems, Managing Processes, and Commercial Awareness
- Attention to detail as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Applicant must be always respectful and pleasant with a good attitude
- MS Office – Specifically Excel (proficient at formulas, commercial calculations, lookups)
- AutoCAD 2D
- Clean UK Driving Licence
- Ability to provide formal identification, such as passport
- Proof of eligibility to legally work in UK
BENEFICIAL SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- MS Project
- MS Visio
- Project management qualification
- Working within ISO9001 Environments
- Operational Experience
- To take responsibility for your own health and safety as necessary
- To comply with the company’s disciplinary and grievance procedure as required
- To comply with the company’s policies and procedures at all times
- The post holder will be required to undertake such other duties as may be required within the grade and competence of the post. Therefore, the list of duties in this job description should not be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive
- Duties are set out in this job description but please note that, in consultation with the post holder, the company reserves the right to update the job description from time to time to reflect changes in or to the role. Significant permanent changes in duties and responsibilities will require agreed revisions to be made to this job description
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this vacancy please submit your CV at your earliest convenience to Chris Williams, Projects Director (email@example.com). ES Broadcast is looking to schedule interviews for shortlisted candidates with the aim of filling this role as soon as possible.