Sony HDC-5500 | High performance three 2/3-inch 4K CMOS sensor portable system camera
Sony developed new on-board signal processor for the HDC-5500 which allows to output 4K signals directly via 12G-SDI without the addition of dedicated external baseband processor unit. Such solution saves rack space in the OB van or studio environment.
Sony’s advanced 2/3-inch 4K CMOS sensor with global shutter technology that eliminates the ‘jello effect’ and banding noise. The HDC-5500 is sharing the same global shuter 4K sensor as it is in Sony HDC-3500 system camera.
The Sony HDC-5500 can capture High Dynamic Range images, supporting Sony’s SR Live workflow for simultaneous HDR/SDR production with reduced inventory requirements.
Optional licences enable this camera to capture HD images in high fram-rate (HFR) at 8x, 6x, 4x, 3, and 2x.
- Direct 4K output without need for dedicated external baseband processor unit
- Optical fibre transmission as standard
- Backwards compatibility with Sony HDC-2000 series
- Display camera number and tally
- Multi-speed slo-motion acquisition
- Servo controlled ND and CC filters